What business do we humans have in restraining, killing, raping (also known as "artificially inseminating"), and exploiting animals just so that we can eat chicken's periods (eggs) and cow's breast milk? It's not only gross; it's also totally inhumane and cruel.
Please watch this video explaining some of the horrors that a group of "free-range" hens had to endure (don't worry, it's not a violent video, so even sensitive people will probably be able to watch it):
If you haven't gone vegan yet, please do so. There are plenty of good resources out there to help you get started, such as these ones:
- www.VeganKit.com (a good online starter guide to veganism)
- www.VeganSociety.com/become-vegan (another online veganism starter guide)
- www.OhSheGlows.com (a blog filled with healthy vegan recipes)
- www.HappyHerbivore.com/recipes/ (another blog filled with healthy vegan recipes)
- www.KissMyVegan.blogspot.ca (another vegan blog!)
- and much much more! Don't feel stuck; just do a Google search for more information on nutrition, health, books, blogs, organizations, and more. Veganism isn't hard, and it opens up your life to so many interesting and fun foods and recipes.
Thanks for reading, and have a great week!
|Photo Courtesy of KissMyVegan.blogspot.ca|