With that in mind, let me introduce you all to World Vegetarian Day, which is on October 1st. Actually, the entire month of October is World Vegetarian Month, so if you're reading this a little later than October 1st, there's still time to mark the occasion (and if you're reading this after October has already passed, mark your calendar for next October)!
World Vegetarian Day takes place annually. It was created by the North American Vegetarian Society (NAVS) in 1977, and in 1978, the day was endorsed by the International Vegetarian Union (IVU).
|Image from https://worldvegetarianday.navs-online.org/|
Here are some things that you can do to make a difference for World Vegetarian Day and Month:
1) If you haven't gone vegetarian yet, please do so now! You can take the Veg Pledge on the North American Vegetarian Society's website.
2) Spread the word about World Vegetarian Day and World Vegetarian Month on your social media accounts with friends and family. You could post a link to the Veg Pledge, as well as vegan recipes, pictures of vegan food, and your personal story of going vegetarian/vegan.
3) Wish people in your life a Happy World Vegetarian Day and World Vegetarian Month! Whether you're at work, at school, or somewhere else, it can be a good conversation starter.
4) Try leafleting, blogging, protesting, or another activity to promote veganism.
5) Host a World Vegetarian Day meal for family and friends (or co-workers, or classmates), or hold a potluck! (Just make sure everyone knows that the food that they bring has to be free from animal products.)
We can all make a difference to create a better world for animals. I hope you find these ideas useful!
World Vegan Day is going to take place in November, so that's another month to get particularly excited about! In upcoming posts, I will be writing about World Vegan Day and World Vegan Month.
Have a nice day!