I've just been thinking about how misunderstood the term "eco-friendly" can be. People need to start realizing what is good for the Earth, and what isn't:
- Going for a walk around the block is eco-friendly. Driving a few miles to walk at the nearesr nature trail isn't.
- Recycling is good, but it isn't enough. Please don't say that recycling alone is enough to call yourself eco-friendly-- it doesn't even make sense.
- Buying eco-friendly gifts for youself is hardly a planet friendly gesture if you're buying things you don't need in the first place.
- Driving a solar car or other "sustainable" vehicle that runs off something other than human power is a ploy to get your money-- it isn't really eco-friendly. It's better than a regular car, but not as good as walking or cycling.
- We have to cause radical change to our lifestyles if we ever hope to save the planet.
Not trying to be a pessimist, guys. Just being honest.
Have a nice week!