Seals are clubbed to death or sometimes dragged off the ice by their eye sockets (with a metal hook in their eye). The babies are always the ones who are taken because of their light coats:
|Courtesy of playlist.com|
Things you can do to help end the seal hunt:
- Send a letter to Prime Minister Steven Harper demanding that the seal hunt be abolished. I got a message from peta2 a while ago with this idea, suggesting that I add this picture: http://blog.peta2.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Bloody-Seal-Carcass-Canadas-Seal-Hunt.jpg to the letter. Although the Prime Minister may not actually read your letter, the constant flow of such letters will definitely raise his attention to the seal hunt.
- Sign one or all of these petitions:
- Boycott the following companies:
- Costco, which sells seal oil capsules
- fashion houses that sell furs: Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Birger Christensen, New Vogue, and Vogue Furriers
- Terra Nova, Canomega, and Omegavite, which all sell products made from seals
- Spread the word! Tell people about the seal hunt and how we can work together to stop it.