Sunday, January 15, 2012

Spiffy Vegan Recipes

Well, of course, I've already covered veganism in an earlier post. But I figured it is so important that I'd give you some spiffy vegan recipes for you to experiment with.
Beet Burgers are a compassionate alternative to cow burgers: http://goneraw.com/recipe/beet-burgers
Raw Carob Avocado Mousse Pudding may sound a little odd, but it looks delicious: http://goneraw.com/recipe/raw-carob-avocado-mousse-pudding
And, of course, pumpkin pie has also gone vegan: http://goneraw.com/recipe/pumpkin-pie-1
Those are just a few ideas, all coming from the Gone Raw website. I hope you can try some of them out!
For those of you who haven't decided to go vegan yet, well, here is what I have to say: please don't continue to support the industry that kills animals and turns them into little pieces of nothing. We all can go vegan, and it isn't that difficult.

I also want to give you an update on pet stores. I went to the pet store this morning to find the pet store staff doing their regular clean-up. I went around my store, finding new animals in cages, but still some of the old ones were there too. Weeks have turned into months for the animals at the pet stores, it seems, so please do NOT go out and support such a cruel industry! Just as I was leaving, I saw a woman pulling a tray out from the bottom of a bird cage. She roughly shook it to get the birds to fly up to their perches, but the birds wouldn't move fast enough, so she started to pull it out, forcing them to get out of the way. The weird thing was that she looked like a generally nice person, only she was so thoughtlessly being cruel to the birds. It just goes to show how backwards our society has become!

Well, that's all I wanted to say this week! Next week I'll be chatting about actively fighting for animal rights!

No comments:

Post a Comment