There's a free online summit called Food Revolution taking place this week, from April 26 to May 4. The topics discussed include healthy eating, veganism, animal rights, the politics of food, and how our food choices impact the environment. I've already signed up-- I can't wait to listen to some of the broadcasts!
|Image from http://foodrevolutionsummit.org/.|
You can listen in during the broadcasts by phone or online. You can also listen to free replays of the talks online for 24 hours after they occur. After that, if you would like to listen to the broadcasts, you can buy a set of CDs that contain the talks.
So, who's going to be there? Lots of well-known experts and activists, as a matter of fact! Here are a few examples of some of the talks you can listen in on:
- Jonathan Safran Foer (Author of Eating Animals) – "Renewing Our Humanity"
- Michael Hansen, PhD – "What Does The GMO Science Tell Us?"
- Wayne Pacelle (President and CEO of the Humane Society of the United States) – "Our Kinship With Animals"
- Neal Barnard, M.D. (President of The Physicians' Committee for Responsible Medicine) – "Power Foods That Help You Thrive"
- Brenda Davis, R.D. (Co-author of Becoming Vegan) – "Cutting Edge Nutrition"
- Amy Goodman (host of Democracy Now!) -- "How to Feed Democracy"
- T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D. (Co-author of The China Study) – "The Science Of Food And Health"
- Alicia Silverstone – "How To Live A Kind Life"
- Marion Nestle, Ph.D., M.P.H. – "Standing Up To The Food Industry"
- John and Ocean Robbins – "Igniting A Food Revolution"
- ... and more!
I know I've posted the link to the website three times already in this post, but here it is again, just in case you missed it: http://foodrevolutionsummit.org/. As you can tell, I'm really excited about this conference! ;)